Social belonging to communities is a fundamental human need. Today, social media communities have a significant impact on many people’s lives. They serve as central places to find and interact with like-minded people, friends, colleagues, sport or dating partners, and companies. Communities support their members in acquiring knowledge, sharing experiences, collaborating on problems and brainstorming for solutions. Most (radical) innovations are rarely
the outcome of a sole genius, but of heterogeneous community processes. Such collaborative processes provide the required modularity and agility to harness complex and diverse technologies and market developments. Thus, organizations that create their own Innovation Communities are often able to develop and leverage solutions that are bigger than the sum of its individual parts.
The Central Role of Communities for Innovation
Companies can leverage social communities for a broad variety of purposes including sustainable need identification, trend scouting, problem solving, idea generation, crowd funding, knowledge sharing, concept testing, crowd production, product testing and diffusion, peer-to-peer service support, brand building, and lead generation. HYVE has successfully implemented multiple globally dispersed, internal and external communities for companies across industries. Over the years, HYVE has acquired a profound expertise for the development and sustained management of such communities. This allows us to
steer the social dynamics and interactions toward specific goals of your organization. Open Innovation communities allow a long-term integration of external stakeholders, such as partners, clients, and suppliers, into your corporate innovation process. One of the most established and effective uses of innovation communities is corporate innovation management where employees share and discuss their ideas and suggestions for improvements on a central online innovation platform.
Expected Outcome & Benefits
- Faster identification and development of solutions for concrete issues
- Enhanced communication and company culture through collaboration
- Vibrant and active business community
- Collaborative approach to solve complex tasks with dedicated community members
- Seamless knowledge exchange across functions, hierarchies and business units
- Network of power users and subject-matter experts
HYVE offers your company a modular, full-service approach, including community consulting, concept specification, design, software development, and community management. We help you to define your specific requirements and problem statements, create appropriate incentives, specify community roles and functions, develop terms & conditions and initial content, and recruit qualified members. Our HYVE IdeaNet technology is a proven, state-of-the-art community solution and is available on premise or as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) version. It integrates seamlessly with your existing enterprise networks.
HYVE provides end-to-end services. After the launch of your community, we assist you in moderating the social interaction, ensuring fair and transparent processes and a productive atmosphere in the community. We also offer support for the idea evaluation and prioritization process, jury meetings and the selection of top ideas, down to the definition of project implementation road maps.
Finally, we have extensive experience in actively integrating internal and external stakeholders to ensure vivid, meaningful collaboration.
- In-depth understanding of communities and motivation of community members
- More than 14 years of experience in open innovation and community management
- Holistic end-to-end innovation capabilities, including software, design, community, and implementation skills
- Best practice software in active use at leading global companies like Daimler, Siemens, Fujitsu, Magna, and many more
- Mobile community features with HYVE IdeaNet App
- Seamless integration in MS SharePoint, Salesforce Chatter, SAP, IBM Connect and other enterprise software