Open Innovation Consulting
Organizations increasingly employ Open Innovation methods to further their business objectives. While a rapidly growing range of success stories proves the validity of Open Innovation approaches, they differ substantially from many established processes. Therefore, companies need to develop specific capabilities in order to fully leverage the benefits Open Innovation offers. As a European Open Innovation pioneer and thought leader, HYVE provides comprehensive knowledge and practical advice to its clients on how to develop effective Open Innovation approaches and build necessary competences. HYVE has over 14 years of experience implementing Open Innovation initiatives for companies in various industries. Based on this expertise, HYVE has developed a systematic, yet flexible and agile approach to realizing Open Innovation processes that drive sustainable business success.
Expected Outcome & Benefits
- Comprehensive As-Is-Analysis including an Open Innovation Readiness Check
- Open and collaborative innovation strategy development
- Open Innovation potential of current innovation (project-) portfolio
- Capabilities to successfully drive Open Innovation
- Defined goals and KPIs to manage Open Innovation
- Approach, method and tool evaluation including benchmarking
- Hands-on experience and success stories through pilot projects
- Open Innovation approach specifically aligned with your organization’s requirements
- Internal and external support for Open Innovation projects
HYVE employs a systematic, yet flexible and agile approach to implementing sustainable Open Innovation processes. We offer four modules: (1) development of aligned Open Innovation and community strategies, (2) identification, evaluation & selection of Open Innovation strategies, methods, and tools, (3) process analysis to align innovation operations to corporate standard procedures, and (4) implementation of Open Innovation projects through transparent change and creation of a sustainable Open Innovation culture.
Initially, we familiarize the organization with the topic of Open Innovation, its potential and limitations, associated challenges and requirements. Together, we identify the most promising and relevant application areas and define the respective level of openness of your organization via benchmarking. Aligned with your innovation strategy, we subsequently define an adequate Open Innovation approach.
As Open Innovation requires practices and methods that have not yet been
established in many of our clients’ organizations, we usually accompany our
clients through pilot projects. This enables your organization to gain experience and build capabilities in one or more well-defined areas, supported by diverse sets of internal and external knowledge intermediaries. Moreover, your organization generates Open Innovation success stories and builds sustainable support for initiatives inside and outside your organization.
Such pilot projects are essential to identify the most effective Open Innovation methods for your organization and help identify crucial change agents.
Based on the assessment of these projects, HYVE provides continued support for the setup of a refined Open Innovation strategy and road map, enhancements of your organization’s capabilities and the alignment of your custom Open Innovation approach with your existing structures and processes. HYVE closely collaborates with you in each phase of the project. A strong focus on the implementation phase ensures a sustainable and prolific integration of Open Innovation.
- End-to-end Open Innovation support with strong implementation skills
- Comprehensive range of Open Innovation success stories
- Open Innovation pioneer and thought leader, drawing on HYVE Science Labs
- 14 years of Open Innovation experience
- Systematic, yet flexible and agile approach
- In-depth expertise in various industries as well as cross-industry best practice transfer
- Access to broad range of methods and tools
- Integration of Open Innovation with Digital Innovation, Gamification, Internet of Things, Big Data, and Industry 4.0
- In-house design competencies for creating communication materials directed to your customers and for internal promotion (booklets, case studies, posters,…)