Innovation has become management’s new imperative. Faced with a fast-changing world companies have to adapt to rapid change and create products, technologies or services that meet consumer’s needs. Traditionally innovation was the territory of R&D teams. Today many successful companies become aware of the necessity to develop holistic innovation approaches to fully leverage the company’s potentials instead of merely assigning innovation activities to certain teams. Innovation is more than coming up with new ideas and products. Effective innovation management includes creating a sound innovation strategy, understanding customer’s needs, forming an innovative culture, applying agile and transparent innovation structures and processes as well as introducing the right tools and methods to capture the creativity of employees at each level of the organization. Whereas some companies might benefit from an open approach, others might need to focus more on internal capacities. We do not believe that an innovation management framework that works in one company can be transformed 1:1 to another organization. Each organization has unique characteristics that have to be considered carefully when designing an effective innovation management. We therefore put a strong focus on first understanding the company’s challenges and needs to find suitable and sustainable solutions that fit to the company’s goals.
Expected Outcome & Benefits
- In-depth understanding of organizational innovation capabilities (strategy, structure, processes, culture, governance)
- Identification of obstacles that hinder efficient innovation activities
- Comparison of operational model amongst best in class-references
- Innovation blueprint that covers a practicable innovation strategy including targets, roles, responsibilities, resources, etc.
- Definition of innovation structures and processes distinguishing between different levels of innovation
- Tools, methods and trainings to set up a more dynamic innovation culture and to anchor innovation activities in the company’s mindset
- Design for an innovative environment that allows active engagement of all employees
- Definition of potential innovation search fields
- Pilot project to test the blueprint with a real project
HYVE employs a systematic approach to implement a sustainable innovation management starting with a status-quo analysis integrating relevant stakeholders. Based on these findings, selected best-in class references and the strategic direction the company aims to strive, HYVE supports the organization to derive a clear and practicable innovation strategy. According to the strategy lean innovation structures and processes are defined that allow companies to dynamically improve the existing portfolio or develop new products or services. Established tools and methods are introduced that support a lean and agile innovation management and foster a dynamic innovation culture.
- From strategy to implementation – holistic consulting regarding the whole product life cycle
- More than 16 years of experience in innovation management
- Open Innovation pioneer and thought leader, drawing on HYVE Science Labs
- In-depth expertise in various industries and cross-industry transfer
- Extensive best-practice experience
- Access to broad range of methods and tools
- Consultants sharing comprehensive knowledge based on relevant perspectives, including users, businesses, technologies, design and processes
- Ouput-driven and agile approach